- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Monday – Friday 12:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Monday – Thursday 5:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESL)
The OACES ESL Program offers adults with limited English language proficiency a variety of language learning opportunities to improve their skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Beginning to advanced classes are offered day or evening by experienced and qualified teachers. Instruction is tailored to the individual’s needs, including those who are preparing to enter the workforce and/or higher education.
Areas of instruction include, but are not limited to: conversation, grammar, computer, vocations, and life skills.
Adult Basic Education (ABE)
OACES offers group and individualized instruction in math, social studies, science, writing and reading. Students are required to take a reading and math entrance test and are assigned to classes according to reading levels.
ABE classes enable students to improve their academic skills prior to entering the Adult Secondary Education (ASE) program, where instruction is focused on preparation for the high school equivalency diploma exam.
Adult Secondary Education (ASE)
OACES provides a comprehensive ASE Program that focuses on preparation for the high school equivalency exam. The ASE Program includes diagnostic services as well as a core curriculum and career counseling.
How to Enroll
- In person: Come to 30 Hart Street, Room 216 Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Click here to enroll online A staff member will contact you after you submit your application
- Call us at (585) IMPROVE (585- 467-7683)