- Bring a pen, or several pens to fill out a job application.
- Come dressed appropriately. Rule of Thumb – come to an interview prepared to start the job you are applying for immediately.
- Make sure you introduce yourself to the person who does the hiring.
- Fill out the application form completely, spelling counts!
- Act courteously at all times. Employers see many applicants and remember the ones with good manners.
- Apply to a potential employer at a time most convenient for the employer, not yourself. DO make sure you are not interfering with the operations of the potential employer when you are applying.
- Thank the person who has interviewed you, or has provided the application.
- Have a specific idea about the job you are applying for, and reasons why you are qualified for it.
- Have a resume, if possible
Source – Maryland State Dept. of Education