Thank you for your interest in the Office of Adult and Career Education Services (OACES).
Adult Basic Education & High School Equivalency
Students will take classes to prepare for the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) High School Equivalency Credential. This class is for adults who did not graduate from high school or whose diplomas may not be recognized by New York State. Classes are offered at 30 Hart Street, Rochester, New York 14605.
To be eligible you must:
- Be at least 21 years old when you enroll.*
- Complete the online “Enrollment Form”
- Provide the REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION (see below)
- Completed the 2-day Intake orientation session.
*If you are under 21 years old, you and a guardian are required to meet with the school counselor first. Contact Jose Torrealba to make an appointment at by emailing email@example.com. You must bring to your appointment: 1. Birth Certificate, 2. Social Security Card, 3. Drop letter from your high school, 4. Photo ID, and 5. A parent/guardian should plan to come in on the first day.Intake is a 2-day orientation where students will complete a rigorous process to become acquainted with OACES programs. It also enables prospective students and program staff to identify needed supports and services to make informed enrollment decisions. The 2-day Intake orientation is required.
- You must be available to attend both days of orientation from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
- Childcare, Transportation, and Meals are not provided.
- Prospective students are expected to dress and behave as if they were at a workplace.
- All required documents listed below must be brought to your first day of Intake.
- Admission into classes are subject to availability.
- Enrollment start dates will be supplied upon completion of the 2-day Intake orientation.
Step One: Complete the online Enrollment Form.
Step Two: Schedule your 2-day Intake orientation.
Step Three: Bring all required documentation to the first day of your Intake orientation.
- Submit any New York State High School Equivalency Transcript containing GED/TASC Test Scores you have already taken.
- If you are receiving any PUBLIC ASSISTANCE, provide either a DHS Letter of Referral or DHS Budget Sheet. Your DHS counselor or case manager can give you these.
- Provide Photo Identification. Provide one of the following:
- U.S. Passport or Equivalent
- Driver’s License with current address
- U.S. Military Card or Equivalent
- I-94 or Green Card
- Photo Identification issued by Department of Health Services (DHS)
Bring all required documentation IN PERSON on the first day of your Intake orientation.
Please do not mail or fax any documentation.