By choosing Your Path to Success, you can accomplish your goals. You can choose a path that offers you the education and/or job training you are looking for. Follow your path from start to finish and you can go anywhere you want.
Your Path to Success maps out OACES programs by:
- Identifying the requirements you need
- Identifying the expectations for the program
- Outlining the time needed to complete the program
- Explaining the program’s results
Your Path to Success will help you identify and achieve your goals. You can sign up for the appropriate program in your path as well as plan for future programs.
Each path begins with Intake – Information and Referral.
- This step gets you ready for Your Path to Success.
- It is for anyone 17 or older who wants to improve their employment opportunities and literacy skills.
- It is to make sure that you get what you want and what you need so that you don’t waste your time.
- It is a good idea to think about your goals, needs, and abilities before you come in so that OACES can help you choose Your Path to Success.
- You will be asked personal and educational information, you will take some tests, learn about different jobs and how to get them as well as get information about OACES programs.
- Intake runs for one week (five days) from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. ESL Intake occurs daily usually with immediate program placement.
- To be successful you must attend every day for one week, be on time and stay the whole time. Focus on Intake while you are here which means leaving your problems at the door and following the Rochester City School District Code of Conduct
- You will have completed Intake when you have created Your Path to Success and enrolled in an OACES program or referred to another location for services