Ways YOU can get moving:
- Playing with your child
- Taking a walk with other parents
- Going for a bike ride
- Walking to a bus stop that’s farther away from your home
- Parking your car far from your destination
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator
- Running in place while watching your favorite TV show
Need to get your FAMILY moving? Try these strategies:
- Take a family walk around the neighborhood after dinner.
- Let your kids take turns picking a new activity or kid’s game for the family to try.
- Give gifts that encourage your kids to move, like balls and mitts or interactive sports and fitness games.
- Stretch when you wake up. In the morning you’ll be ready to start with a healthy breakfast.
©2010 Greater Rochester Health Foundation • 150 State St., Suite 100, Rochester, NY 14614 • Phone: 585-258-1799 • Fax: 585-258-1711