- DON’T call a prospective employer on the phone to ask about job availability. Always apply in person.
- DON’T go to an interview, or apply for a job with a group of friends, unless they are also looking for work and are prepared to follow the rules above.
- DON’T wear offensive slogans on shirts or jewelry, or radical street clothes into the business that you are applying.
- DON’T apply for a job at the peak hours of business.
- DON’T forget to find out whom you should be dealing with about job hiring.
- DON’T assume that you either will or won’t get the job you are applying for.
- DON’T be late for an interview. If you are always early, you won’t be late. Most job positions are applied for by dozens of applicants with almost the same credentials. That means that you must provide an edge, and separate yourself
Source – Source – Maryland State Dept. of Education